Kim Kardashian West’s nails are hitting the headlines again. At the start of last year it was for showing off her pierced fake nails on Snapchat. This time it’s for asking Katy Perry to fly her press-on nails in a private jet from LA to New York, just in time for the MET Gala.
In response to one fan’s tweet, she wrote :“Katy actually flew my nails on her plane over to me from LA LOL. They are just glued on! So had to show her!”.
Despite wowing the world with wild and wacky manicures, Kim KW seems to be conflicted about her personal nail preferences. On her beauty app she wrote, “For every day, I keep my nails shorter and painted with a neutral colour. I prefer to keep it low maintenance”. But in a makeup tutorial with Patrickstarrr she divulged that one of her biggest photo regrets was getting engaged to Kanye West and posting a picture of the ring with short nails: “It would have looked so much better with long nails”.
Whatever your preference, we’ve recreated four of our top Kim KW manicures for you to try at home.
“SHORT NAILS ARE EVERYTHING”
Kim KW continues to be quoted for loving shorter nails. With summer on its way, nothing beats a timeless white nude for looking great with a tan. If you prefer a gloss finish, try our White Lily shade of true white which is also perfect for French Manicures and nail art. We’d recommend using it with our new StripGel Peel Off Base Coat, which has been specially formulated to allow easy peel off removal after two weeks of wear. For more of a matt finish, go with Not My Nana’s Pearls - an all in one gel formula from SensatioNail’s Express Gel range.
CANDY HEART NAILS
We adore the pretty pink manicure, which Kim KW posted on Instagram following a photoshoot for her perfume KWW Fragrance. Here's a similar colour (minus the hearts)
- Get the look by painting two layers of light pink gel, such as Pink Chiffon and cure.
- Add a layer of Matte Gel Top Coat for a matte finish and cure
- After curing you need to wipe the top coat with cleanser on a lint free wipe to remove the sticky residue and complete the manicure
- Create a feature nail on your ring finger, using Heart Nail Stickers or heart shaped Nail Art Gems.
NOT SO MELLOW YELLOW
Last month, Kim KW and her sister Kourtney spend a week living it up on the Turks and Caicos Islands. Brightening up her Instagram feed, Kim chose a gorgeous neon yellow colour for her fingers AND her toes.
- Prepare by filing, pushing back cuticles and buffing the surface of the nails.
- Apply a layer of Strip Gel Peel Off Base Coat and air dry.
- Paint your nails with two layers of a bright yellow such as Beat The Heat yellow gloss then cure.
- Finish with a layer of No Wipe Top Coat and cure
Most recently, Kim KW opted for a simple french manicure look for the 2018 MET Gala along with her fabulous gold Versace dress. Although hers are a set of custom press-on nails that were a collaboration between manicurists Tom Bachik and Pattie Yankee, we’ve created a step-by-step tutorial to create a similar look with our Deluxe French Manicure Starter Kit.
Don't Miss Out