Whether you’ve got a hot date or you’re heading out with your besties this Valentine’s Day, we’ve got two sensational gel nail looks for you to try. Follow our step-by-step guides, and check out our recommendations for the best gel nail polish to go with each one.
VALENTINE'S DAY ORIGINAL GEL NAIL LOOK
Add a touch of Hollywood glamour to your Valentine’s Day this year. Layer shimmering pink with silver glitter for gel nails that are all dazzle, no hassle.
1. Clean and file your nails to the desired shape.
2. Cleanse and prime your nails.
3. Now it’s time to apply the colour, and we’ve picked the perfect tone for the occasion: Love Struck gel nail polish in mid pink:
Apply two thin layers and cure under a UV lamp.
4. Now you’re ready to add the finishing touch for a truly stand-out look. For this you’ll need Sensationail’s Silver Glitter FX:
Tap on just a little at the cuticle, and immediately seal with a coat of Sensationail’s No Wipe Top And Base Coat. You’ll find that some of the glitter spreads part-way up the nail as you draw the brush upwards from the cuticle.
5. Cure for a final time under your lamp and you’re ready to go!
VALENTINE'S DAY EXPRESS GEL NAIL LOOK
Even if you don’t consider yourself a dab hand at nail art, these cute pink hearts are easy to master. No one will believe you’ve achieved this look in a matter of minutes.
1. Clean and file your nails to the perfect shape. Make sure you have a little point on the ends!
2. Apply two coats of Mauve it or Lose it Express polish. We’ve chosen this neutral base colour to really make the pink hearts pop.
3. Cure your nails under a UV lamp.
4. Using Such A Gerber Daisy Express polish, paint an upside-down love heart at the tip of your nails.